If you’re reading this you probably know that I’m the co-host of The Salute, a fan podcast1 about K-State sports2 on CollegeSportsVision.com. We don’t do it for money, or really any other reason than to amuse ourselves, but Cory and I thought we could try and do it for something just a bit more, at least this once… so we’ve decided to try to organize some support for The Global Orphan Project.
What we’d like to do is ask you to come along side us in pledging $1 per rebound3 during the K-State vs. KU game on this Monday, February 13th. As of today K-State is averaging 38.7 rebounds a game, so a buck a board would come out to about $40. If that’s too much to do, then consider pledging $1 per offensive rebound. That’ll likely be about $15. But if you’re a KU fan, we want you to be able to join in as well. When you pledge you’ll be able to select to go by KU’s rebounds as well. The point isn’t who you’re rooting for, but the difference it can make. If you have some other amount that you want to pledge, there’s a spot for “other” and you can fill in whatever you want. Everything will help.
Here’s how it works:
- Make your pledge now by clicking here.
- The day after the game you’ll get an email reminding you of your pledge amount and a link to TheGlobalOrphanProject.org .
- Head to The Global Orphan Project’s website to make your payment by credit or debit card, or mail the donation to their organization. Mike & Cory will never touch your money.
That’s it. Oh… and one more thing: Our sponsor, Tallgrass Brewing Company,4 has agreed to donate a prize pack for one lucky winner. We’ll randomly5 draw the name of one person who pledges and they’ll send you some awesome Tallgrass swag6. As if helping change the world wasn’t awesome enough.
So thanks for taking part, and K-State fans7… we salute you!
- Which of course you can always listen to at http://kan.st/6a or subscribe to at http://kan.st/6b. You can even find it on Stitcher. [↩]
- Also well known as the longest running podcast in the history of K-State sports [↩]
- Don’t worry, we won’t touch your money, we’ll just trust you to donate it directly to them [↩]
- The official beer of The Salute podcast [↩]
- Trust me, I’m a giant nerd. I’ll use a random number generator and everything [↩]
- Sorry, no beer, though. That probably gets into some crazy legal issue that none of us want to deal with [↩]
- And I guess, KU fans, too… in this one instance, but only if you’re pledging [↩]